Monday, March 24, 2008

Going to the gym

So remember when you were single and you would go to the gym? You would just put on your work-out clothes, grab a change of clothes and your car keys and you were out the door. 15 minutes tops right? This morning I started getting ready for the gym at 7:30a and didn't hit the gym floor until 10:20a! That is ridiculous.


I am nanny free today so that was the delay, that extra pair of hands makes a huge difference. So I fed all 3 kids and myself. Changed Jake's poopy diaper twice and his pants twice since one diaper was a blow-out. Got all kids changed (Mike wears a pull-up at night), clothed, shoed and hair combed. After all that they were ready for a snack and bottle. Then I packed their lunches, answered the phone but kept it brief. Had to console Jake twice, once when he hit his tender, emerging teeth on a tambourine and again when he hit them on the refridgerator door. Stifled the urge to scream when Bekah and Jake pulled all of the tupperware out of the cabinet and all over the kitchen floor during the 5 minutes I was on the phone. Finally I packed them into the van only to realize I forgot a change of clothes for myself and a blankie for Jake which I totally left at the gym.

So I raced upstairs got all that and then jumped into the van and raced to the gym. Once we are there it's unload Jake into the stroller and load that up with the 3 lunchboxes put on my gym bag and I push the stroller with one hand and hold Mike's hand with the other and he holds Bekah's hand and we all walk into together. And then it takes another 15 minutes to check them all into childcare. Phew! At least Michael was a really good boy and I got in a whole work-out and had time to check some email and call Whole Foods and A Grand Affair to order food and rent tables. Jake's first birthday party is Saturday and it's a rager.

Jake fell asleep on the way home and I sucessfully transferred him into his crib but Bekah was a beast and hasn't napped and is now watching t.v. with Michael and I think I hear Jake stirring so I have to run and clean up this house. Nana Jan and Haley are coming to visit this afternoon so I have to clean up a little.

No comments: