Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Funny guys and Grumps

I just couldn't fathom taking all 3 kids to the grocery store yesterday so I got lazy and used Safeway.com. I don't know if this happens to you but whenever somebody comes to our front door all hell breaks loose.

Ding-dong! Everyone runs for the front door, and I have to make it there first just in case the very top lock isn't engaged, so they don't open the door to a serial killer. This time it was locked and it's only the Safeway guy who turns out to be a new one. They are all nice but some of them seem to be frightened by the chaos that greets them. This guy seems thrilled.

Safeway guy starts laughing and I look behind me to see that Jake has lost his pants and diaper on his run to the front door. He is wearing a green jersey and a smile. Safeway guy points and says, "Hey I have a pair of pajamas at home just like that.". I have been giggling about that ever since yesterday. Even funnier because Safeway guy is the size of a professional football player. The mental image is just too much!

He was so nice and even offered to help me put my groceries away, which I declined and he refused a tip. I said, "You must have kids, you seem right at home. ". He said, "No just a humongous family and 2 young G-d daughters I spend a lot of time with.". What a sweet guy. I love running into people like that, makes me proud of the human race.


Earlier in the day we encountered a sour puss, totally different human being than the sweet guy mentioned above. Me, Mike and Jake had dropped off Bekah at preschool and as we walked out to the parking lot in the rain Mike starts to sing a tune.

"It's raining, it's pouring
the old man is snoring
he went to bed
and I punched him in the head."
This other parent, a grumpy dad, says very sarcastically, "Nice song.". I just meekly said, "Yes that wasn't very nice.". But what I was really thinking was that Mike did a really good job of rhyming.
So grumpy dad has a perfect kid, or a kid who hasn't reached the age of 4 yet. Good luck with that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the nice Safeway guy. Makes me happy to be a human too when I run in to generally polite, friendly and happy people.

Charlotte said...

Me too! He was this humongous Samoan guy, I am not exaggerating he told me he wore a size 13 shoe. But he was one of those gentle giant kind of people.

Anonymous said...

Um..... F.U. Daddy Mc Suck ass! People should mind their own darn business.

Charlotte said...

You took the words right out of my mouth Anon.
Charlotte