Monday, September 8, 2008

Bekah's First Earthquake

Friday night, September 5th, we had a 4.0 quake. It was at exactly 9p and the kids were still awake due to a late bedtime. The earthquake was long enough for me to look quizzically at my husband sitting next to me on the couch, and then run for a doorway. As soon as the shaking stopped I raced upstairs to check on the monkeys. Bekah was squealing so I opend her door to her hear say, "The house is wiggling, the house is wiggling!" Too cute. She wasn't crying so I just calmly agreed with her and told her it had stopped now and would she like some water. I filled her sippy cup and gave her a kiss and that was it. Phew. I sneaked a peek at the boys and they were oblivious. And during the entire time Erik did not move from the couch. I think women are just more tuned into this stuff.

Bekah is now 2 and a half years old but the picture above is from when she was 5 months old. Her eyes were still blue,but are hazel now. What I love about this picture is that her personality shines through. Even as an old woman she will still be able to flash this flirty expression.

No comments: