Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An Award from Unknown Mami


I'm baaack! I had a fabulous time partying my butt off at a bacherlorette party and I am back to a kid getting over the croup, a kid with a 101. 6 degree fever and a filthy house. But I am filled with a renewed vigor to be an awesome mommy and wife. I highly reccomend to others to get out of town once in awhile, it's a great attitude adjustment.
Unknown Mami was one of my guest bloggers on N.E.O. Moms while I was gone. If you haven't read any of those posts, you really should, fascinating stuff. And I will be posting debauchery details today, don't worry I will give you a heads up as soon as I do.
Mami gave me an award where I get to post 10 true things about myself and then tag 5 other bloggers to do the same. Her list reminded me of some things about myself, so it is similar to her's. OK here goes:
1. I rode the Greyhound bus, with my younger brother Bill, every other weekend from San Jose to Sacramento to see my Dad. This went on for a couple of years. It sucked.
2. I found out the Easter Bunny doesn't exist when he stepped on my neck. I was sleeping on my Dad's girlfriend's daughter's bedroom floor and my Dad came in to deliver Easter Baskets dressed only in his underwear. He didn't see me and started to step on my neck and stopped himself as I woke up. That was a scary thing to wake up to.
3. I have an extra vertebrae in my neck.
4. I am almost impervious to cold. I have swam in a lake rimmed with ice.
5. I used to not want to have kids at all. Now I have 3. I am glad I changed my mind.
6. I am left-handed which is good because I am gradually losing feeling in my right hand. I injured it years ago while taking down an emotionally disturbed teenage girl. Loss of feeling doesn't bother me, it's the loss of dexterity that sucks.
7. When I was 19 years old I could leg press 250 pounds. Recently I pressed my weight, 145 pounds, and was very sore that night and the next day!!
8. I smoked for 18 years and was a vegetarian for 2 years.
9. All 3 of my kids will refuse to hold hands with me 95% of the time.
10. Me, my Dad and my brother Bill have had the same exact dreams, sometimes on the same night. When my father dreams of somebody dying, they die.
11. So many members of my Dad's family have died in October that he was nervous about me getting married in October. I just told him that I was breaking the chain. Erik and I got married during The High Holy Days (Jewish Calendar) which was taboo.
Sorry that was 11 but you only have to do 10 if I tag you.
Tag you're it! The Claw, Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder (fucking great name!), Pop Champagne, Meghan, and Daphne.

7 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

Your Easter Bunny story cracked me up.

I didn't want kids for a long time too. I'm glad I changed my mind.

Clare said...

welcome back. I am the opposite of your #4. I can't stand the cold. I was the only one they let inside early back in my school days in England. They thought that I was going to freeze on the playground concrete! I love your 11. I could have read 11 more

Kellie said...

Thanks for passing the award onto me! :)

I used to say I didn't want kids, I just wanted a monkey. :) Now I have decided that I do want a kid but only one. I don't see that changing either. But as people tell me, you never know until you have that first one. :)

Charlotte said...

My Easter bunny is the opposite of yours, that was sad. I love your mom.

I am thinking of my Dad with Father's Day coming up and I just can't get it together to see him this weekend. #:(

Monkeys, kids, not much difference.

essbesee said...

wow! thanks for the award. loved reading your list. I have a similar bunny story involving santa cussing one night. perhaps I'll add that to my list I do. anyhoow, thanks a bunch and glad you had fun on your ladies' trip.

Nekidduk said...

Please warn me if your dad ever dreams about me....eerie!

I'll do my list later when I'm not at work. :)

Charlotte said...

Use the term Ladies very lightly. LOL.

I know Daph it freaks me out too.