Friday, June 19, 2009

Father's Day at the White House

My boyfriend, I mean President Obama, is having a full day dedicated to Fathers. That link takes you to the White House website.

Below is a pic of my cute Dad last year on Father's Day. He plays on an old-timers baseball team named the Giants, so last year I dressed my 3 savages in matching Giants outfits and took them to his game. This was more well received than the keys to a new Maserati. Especially since the team is made up of grandfathers. Basically everyone wanted to squeeze my kids because they were sooo cute.

My Dad lives in Sacramento (90 minutes away) but is playing a game in Livermore tommorrow. But we have quite a few birthday parties to go to and Erik is on-call so I am going to be a single mom this weekend. I felt bad telling my Dad we won't even be around Saturday and it's Father's Day weekend. I just couldn't split myself into anymore pieces on Saturday so I have decided to surprise him, and drive to Sacramento on Sunday. Don't worry he only reads this blog when I send him explicit instructions on how to do it. So the surprise will not be blown.

3 comments:

drollgirl said...

oh, you are one busy woman! i hope you have a great weekend!

p.s. i was born in livermore. hahaa!

Charlotte said...

No way that is crazy, I didn't know that.

Claudya Martinez said...

That will be a very nice surprise.