Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lazy Mom's Breakfast Buffet

This is my serve yourself snack tin. It's actually a rubbery silicone muffin "tin" but I use it for snacks more than for cupcakes. This morning I used it for breakfast. Lately my kids have been eating almost no breakfast and I end up wasting a bunch of cereal and toast. So this morning I filled this "tin" with grated cheese, turkey meat, banana slices, apple slices with peanut butter, sliced strawberries, chunks of Challah bread, and honey nut cheerios. So they got their dairy, proteins, fruits and whole-grains and I got to fold 3 loads of laundry. I have already re-filled it twice, so it's working.

2 comments:

drollgirl said...

BRILLIANT!! your kids might be giddy for presentation/organization and this certainly fits the bill! love it!

Andrea said...

Fantastic idea! I may have to "borrow" it! ;)