Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hanukkah/Xmas


I am backtracking to catch up. Bill and Ari and were here for the weekend of Dec. 21st-23rd. I was ecstatic to see them but it wasn't much of a vacation for them since I put them to work helping with the kids and getting ready for the party of 34 people here on Sat. It was a feast and everyone got along. We didn't tell my dad that Bill was going to be here so he was surprised and ecstatic.
There were a ton of kids here and Kaitlyn came running up to me to say,"This is just like my dad's side of the family except it's all girls, I am in heaven"!!!! Michael , Jake, and Travis were the lone boys and since Travis is 13 he was the victim of some serious pre-teen girl energy. He left with a huge scratch on his face from being dogpiled by a bunch of crazed girls. Ooooops.
Bill thinks he is going to Iraq in 3 months which is of course horrible and if my beloved brother gets killed I will personally assasinate George Bush.
Xmas day we freeloaded at my brother-in-law's parent's house. There family is so gigantic that if we crash there Christmas party they hardly notice us. Their house is in the foothills of Fremont with a beautiful view. But since it's on a side of a steeply sloping hill the backyard resembles an Escher painting with steps and platforms leading everywhere and nowhere. So of course being the more energetic parent I get the task of chasing Mike's butt all over the place. While Mike is zipping around Bekah takes the steps much more slowly. Finally Chris came out to save me so I could go inside and refresh my drink. Jake just gets passed around to be cuddled and kissed. Which was great because he had another ear infection.
Over the course of winter break we endured runny noses, sore throats, coughs, vomiting and diarrhea. GROSS!
New Year's I was in bed by 9p and Erik passed out on the couch at 8:30p.

No comments: