Thursday, January 24, 2008

The weeks before Vegas

I was able to find a sub to work for me at Mike's preschool so I could stay home with the sick kids with the help of Katie. Mike did not last the whole 2.5 hours so I had to go get him early. He is working them over and knows that if he throws a big enough fit I will come get him . So we tried again Wed. with a plan in place for his antics. His wonderful teachers were all in agreement with me but another staff sauntered in and pulled the plug. I can't figure out if she is disempowering her staff or advocating for them. I stalled on the phone as long as possible before picking him up.

The following Monday I had not even arrived home yet from dropping off before I was called to come pick him up. I didn't immediately turn around though I came back home to refresh my coffee first, all the while insisting that they do not kick Mike to the curb and come up with a compromise to keep him enrolled. I decided not even to bring him Wed. so Erik and I could get some paperwork done without being interrupted.

Merrill and I were in constant contact this week before our Vegas trip for her and Chris's 10 yr. anniversary. Funny that our men got ready for Vegas by wrapping up stuff at work while Merrill and I were out getting hair and nails done and new clothes and shoes.

No comments: