Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Joe Cocker

Ok so I totally love Joe Cocker. And somebody posted a video of him on Facebook recently and I didn't even have to watch it. I saw him for $5 at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds 20 years ago and it was the bargain of a century.


This song Delta Lady is one of my faves ever. "The warm and tender shelter of my body.", "Please don't ask me how many times I have found you standing wet and naked in the garden.", "And I think of days and different ways I have held you.". "Yet it seems the saddest scene is lacking you.".

I apologize to anyone reading this that recognizes quotes I have used in love letters and cards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I can't even imagine you being around 20 years ago. I still think of you as a teenager. LOL Joe Cocker is my all time favorite also. Your post made me run to my music collection and get out my albums and play them, yes, I said albums, as in vinyl. Feeling Alright!

Charlotte said...

Yep, I would have been 18 years old. Treat those vinyls carefully, they are collectibles! Go ahead and dance naked Just Leave Your Hat On.