Friday, February 27, 2009

Polydactylism


Polydactylism. In Oscar's case that means having some extra toes on his front feet. I realized that I mention Oscar, my 6-toed cat, in my bio but never officially introduced him. Here he is pictured with my 3 year old Bekah. They are comparing feet even though you can't see her 5 little toes next to his 6 furry toes.
The plant beneath Oscar's nose in the picture below is catnip. You can usually find him laying on top, or near that plant. Or on mine or Bekah's bed or in the van in Bekah's carseat.






Bekah is his favorite human next to mommy because she pays him the most attention. Oscar used to get all kinds of love before I had kids, and would have nothing to do with anyone except me. But once I had 3 kids right in a row........... well now Oscar will take love where he can get it.

6 comments:

drollgirl said...

well i pretty much love your cat with 6 toes and i'd like to give him a lot of attention!

and your daughter is adorable, too!

Charlotte said...

Oscar is a good boy and just because I don't carry him on my shoulders anymore doesn't mean he is neglected # : ) Bekah is a keeper too, thank you.

Clare said...

yay you two have met. Drollgirl is my official 9th follower and I am so glad to have met her.

Oscar is a beautiful cat Charlotte. I wish I could do R's hair like Bekahs, she just won't sit still!

Charlotte said...

9 followers? Kick ass! I bribe Bekah with her chewable SpongeBob vitamin to sit still for hair. Doesn't always work. Then I get on my knees and beg and say, "It is my birthright as a mother of a girl that I put stuff in your hair!" That doesn't always work either.

Melinda Bunker said...

How can I get extra toes? Are people born with an extra toe or two? Can you ask your hubby if you don't know (but I bet you do!). You never cease to be able to crack me up at any given moment...thanks! When do I get to take pictures of your three monkey's for you? They are so stinkin' cute and you know it- share the love, let me plaster their faces on my upcoming website- I need beautiful kids like yours!
And clever, happy people to work with; play with! :)
Melinda

Charlotte said...

Polydactylism is a benign mutation and yes I am a nerd for knowing that. Some humans are born with extra digits but they live in trailers or Utah.

Honestly if people lose their jobs, they lose their insurance which means they don't see their doctor, which means we don't have the cash for real family photos right now. And last year we "won" in an auction a studio sitting from this other chick and we would have to use that first even though you are a way better photographer.

And I ain't saying that because you are my friend, you don't see me visiting her blog or putting her birth announcements on my fridge. Grace's is still there even though she is One! It's just so pretty and people love to take it off my fridge and look at it.