Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On Sunday I learned that yelling, "Fucking Fox News!", is not appropriate at the gym. I was punishing myself on the treadmill and at first put on CNN, but Fareed Zakaria was interviewing Queen Rania of Jordan. She was going on about how it's ok to wear a veil if you choose to. I was not into that. The t.v. at the gym is limited, it's mostly sports channels, a girly movie, a gory movie and CNN or Fox. So I switched on Fox and immediately became enraged.

The anchor men and women on Fox were besides themselves because Colin Powell had endorsed Obama. They were interviewing people on the street but being very selective. They asked this one woman about Powell's endorsement and she was all disgusted and said his motive must be because he wanted a position in Obama's cabinet. Then the reporter asked her about Palin's performance on Saturday Night Live, and this same random citizen went on to say that she was brilliant and that it was brave of her to go into the thick of it. I am assuming she meant the dark hole of liberalism that is SNL. Then they went back to the anchorman who said that they were just waiting on Obama to speak live at a rally but he was running late. And then he actually pointed out that McCain wasn't late at the rally he spoke at earlier in the day but we are going to wait for Obama anyways because we are fair and balanced. WTF! No you are not!! That's when I lost it.


A couple of people looked and I pretended that nothing happened and switched on football. Even though football is on at my house on Sundays for 12 hours at a time. I decided that I was better off lifting weights.

Then Limbaugh on Monday was saying that Colin Powell only endorsed Barack Obama because they are both black. He repeated it several times, loudly. I am not making this up. I used to like and respect McCain. But paired with Palin, he has become so simple and base. So scummy and desperate. Palin is not afraid to stir up the most hostile rancor. She is not afraid to liberate the ignorant, to validate the seemingly disenfranchised. When she is done stirring up this anger and Obama wins (please, please, please) where is this riotous mob going to go? What are they going to do?

What is November 5th going to be like?

2 comments:

Fantastic Forrest said...

Now we know what the riotous mob is going to do. Would love to hear your take on the teabaggers. Come over to my place - Friday's post is all about it.

I saw your comment at Liberal Mom's (I love her!) and came over to check out your site. You DO have cute kids! :-) And I liked learning a new abbreviation. Never knew what N.E.O. meant before. Thought he was the guy in The Matrix. He he he.

Charlotte said...

LOL, that's right, that mob turned out be pretty harmless with their teabags instead of torches and pitchforks.

If the makers of The Matrix come over and sue me then I guess I will change it to N.O.E., but that is definitely not as cool.
Thanks for the compliment on my kids.