Friday, October 31, 2008

Been Booted

So I ended up getting kicked off my mom's club yahoo groups, a different one from what you are thinking of, and may get kicked out of the entire club. Lame. Erik has started calling me a social pariah. I know who my friends are, and most people support me, but still I feel like such a loser.

I have been kicked out of parties, bars, restaurants and classrooms but a mom's club? That is a new low.

It's possible I can write a suck up letter to the International Group of Mothers (yes that does exist), I am still pondering that idea. Not sure if it's worth the effort.

Today is Halloween and my kids are party animals! We have been to a playgroup, a preschool parade, lunch with Erik at Chili's and after naptime is a party with our friend/realtor Nicole and then back home for trick or treating. Woo Hoo!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not necessary, really. Enough was already said.

Anonymous said...

Hey Charlotte, Just have to say that I think this is what makes good writers go bad. (Not that you are going bad- just that you have to go back and edit from original...) You are a terrific writer and yeah, the subject matter is a little controversial right now and I understand why you have to do what you have to do- but it sucks and censorship blows. Didnt we all learn something about free speech? And since when do we need lawyers to protect people's feelings??? GROW UP, people!!! We are all adults here. I am sorry you have to edit your flow for this although I completely understand. Hang in there- you're a champ. -BW

Charlotte said...

I am feeling like a defeated champ at this point. I also feel like an asshole. I know this will blow over, but the sooner the better. Thanks for your support,
I sound like a politician.