Monday, December 29, 2008

A Boy and His Sheep

Jake has a stuffed sheep that he is deeply in love with. This plush toy was orignially given to Bekah by my MIL who identified it as a monkey. After a closer look we discovered it had cloven hooves and Jake decided it was his.

My dad used to tease me that the reason I have curly hair is from the Irish sheep-herders from way back in my genetic lineage. Ha ha funny dad, but now when I witness Jake in his more amorous moments with Sheepy-Sheepy (that's his name), I wonder if my Dad's sick joke has a shred of truth. Most of the time Jake and Sheepy-Sheepy are just cute, but there have been times both publicly and privately where Jake has shown Sheepy-Sheepy some serious attention, if you know what I mean. Embarassing when it's in public and one time I walked in on him and Sheepy-Sheepy in his crib and I walked out to give them some privacy. Yikes! Jake is going to kill me for putting this into print. I will have to delete this before he starts elementary school.

One day Jake had a double ear infection and I took him to the pediatrician. He took Sheepy-Sheepy with him and Jake was so sick he slumped over Sheepy-Sheepy the whole time he was in the stroller and when I took him out for the doctor to look at him, I had to pry Sheepy-Sheepy from his arms. Very sweet.


Below is a pic of Jake whispering sweet nothings into Sheepy-Sheepy's ear. If you say the name Sheepy-Sheepy, Jake makes a squeaky sound of pure joy. Then he picks up Sheepy-Sheepy and bites his face and hugs him.


Oh Sheepy-Sheepy let me stare deep into your eyes. I love you even more than my brother's Radio Flyer Rocket. And that is some serious love.

Pure, unconditional love, there is nothing better.


No comments: