Friday, December 26, 2008

Jew Lights

I hope everyone is having a fabulous holiday and not going into further debt or gaining too much weight.

I am not exactly sure how this conversation went but Auntie M and Uncle Chrissy were discussing with Mike going out to see Christmas lights. Well recently we all went to the Oakland Zoo and saw their Christmas display, which is called appropriately Zoo Lights. I am sure you can see where this is going.

Mike often makes up his own words for things and will not budge. He calls The Incredible Hulk, Humpback and Kung Fu Panda, Fandu Panda. It's just his thing. So of course he started calling Christmas lights, Jew Lights.

So after a super yummy Hanukkah dinner at Auntie M's the other night we all loaded up in seperate vehicles and went to see the lights from this particular neighborhood here in San Ramon. One house has a sleigh in their driveway that you can sit in and watch a movie that is displayed on their garage door. And the most spectacular house has pirated (well not really I just like to say that because I have always wanted to pirate a radio station) a radio station which plays music in time to the lights on their house. Well there isn't just lights on their house but on their lawn, trees, bushes, etc. etc. Pretty amazing!

Well my oldest was not at all impressed. After waiting our turn to view the lights we pull up and Mike says, "Hey these aren't Jew lights, this is just a house!". I have no idea what he was expecting and I can't believe at 4.5 years old he is already too jaded to enjoy it!

So I went up to Auntie M's car and told them what Mike said and they all cracked-up and then we drove home to put them to bed.

I will have more on our Hanukkah-Christmas party and our overnight trip to S.F. on Christmas day.

2 comments:

Patti Does Paleo said...

Fantastic pic Char! Happy Holidays my dear, send our love and appreciation to Billy and his crew.


Patti

Charlotte said...

I love that pic, it's actually from last year. Don't you just love Mike's Spiderman costume?

Happy Holidays to you as well! I will send my bro your love and I have to tell you that I talked to him recently and he said business is slow. Bill said it's because the terrorists believe it's too cold for Jihad. Whatever the reason I would rather him be bored than busy.
Charlotte