Friday, December 12, 2008

Jingle Bells

Every Friday is sharing day in Mike's pre-K class. And you have to share something that begins with the letter of the week. This week was "J" and I was drawing a blank. I was tired and just told Mike, "Why don't you just share your jacket?", "Mom that is lame.". Can't argue with that. Then I suggested that he talk about being Jewish and he informed me that he talked about that at snacktime. I have no idea what that means but I let it go. So I said," Why don't you just get up and sing Jingle Bells?". And he agreed!

So I taught him the Batman smells version on our way to school. When I went to pick him up this afternoon there is a window that looks into their classroom. It's one of those interrogation windows where you can see in and they can't see out. So he was the last person to share and they were all singing Jingle Bells Batman Smells. I was so proud!! The other moms were laughing too and said that was really creative. They didn't seem as amused when all the kids were singing all the way to the parking lot. Yelling it would be more like it. I still think it's funny.

Jingle bells, batman smells
Robin laid an egg
The batmobile lost a wheel
And the Joker got away
Hey!

6 comments:

julicle said...

That's the only version we ever sang as kids. ;-)

Clare said...

That is great! The one I learnt in England was

Jingle Bells Batman Smells
Robin flew away
Kojak lost his lollipop and found a milky way

Charlotte said...

Clare, Kojak? The bald guy? That is a very interesting version!

Charlotte said...

Julie, that's because you are Jewish, hee hee.

Anonymous said...

very cute post with cute picture.... :)

Charlotte said...

Thanks Jingle!