Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I really hate potty training

xcuse typing jake is sitting on my lap eating teddy grahams, mike is running around talking on a banana like a phone and bekah is probably soiling her pants

potty training totally sucks and i suck at it. she actually peed on my foot today. and this was less than a minute after she got off the toilet. she came into the kitchen stood next to me and peed on my foot. i was so angry i had to walk away, my right foot going squish-squish. i wanted to scream.

what's wrong with me? why do i lose my temper so easily when it comes to potty training? whats gonna happen when i have to teach them how to drive?

bekah is my smart one too. and everyone always say girls are easier to potty train. easier than what taking out my own kidney? fuck!!

if freud was right than my kids are going to be serial killers or just plain neurotic. i even told bekah today i would buy her a maserati if she pooped on the potty. it's like i become possesed by this horrible person. i keep chanting little mantras to myself about patience, empathy, enmeshment and then i lose it and start yelling.

its like that last month of pregnancy where you seriously think you are going to be pregnant forever. you know you are going to be in a nursing home with alzheimers and still pregnant at age 85. that's how i feel today, that bekah will never be potty trained. she will be at her high school graduation and her gown will have a big wet spot on it as she steps on stage to receive her diploma.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I so understand. I had two in cloth diapers and no washing machine - so I was desperate to have them potty trained, but what really happened is that they spent the first few years totally naked and shit and peed all over my house. It got so that the dog just followed them around and ate straight from their asses.

Charlotte said...

OMG! That is disgusting and hilarious!

Clare said...

My girl is almost 3 and no where near trained. I would love to have her not in diapers and let a few accidents happen but my husband is an absolute neat freak. He vacuums like 4 times a week! Im lucky but then not in that respect. I suck at potty training.

Anonymous said...

OK reading this scares me a little.... hang in there. I am sure it will get better, though I am just saying that because it "seems" like the right thing to say. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am still stuck on two in cloth diapers and NO washing machine. That sounds about as awful as it gets.

Charlotte said...

I suck at potty training too! And Chris vacumms 4x a week? Wow, I am impressed.

Charlotte said...

But Barb you are already having so much more success than I am, you are doing great in that dept.
charlotte

Charlotte said...

Merrill you are right I should stop whining.
Charlotte