Sunday, March 22, 2009

Four Generations

Yesterday we had a small family gathering for my youngest's 2nd birthday. His actual birthday is next Saturday but my husband and I have a Bar Mitzvah to go to, so we did it a week early.

I was so grateful that my mom was able to bring my grandmother Hazel. She is now 85 years old and has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's so she doesn't travel very well. She did recognize me though and that made me really happy. This woman was a dynamo back in the day, definitely the matriarch of the family, and a very beautiful woman.

This picture below is, me, Charlotte, in the green, my mom Louise, my grandmother Hazel and my 3 year old daughter Rebekah Hazel. Named after my beloved grandmother.

This is the best we could do and at least my grandmother looks stunning. I am trying to hold a wiggly Bekah, my mom is staring at another camera and I have no idea why my father-in-law decided to stand there at that exact moment. I am very happy to have 4 generations of women from the same family in the same room, that is pretty awesome.

4 comments:

drollgirl said...

i have a 90 year old grandma, and this post reminds me of her. :)

Charlotte said...

I have always loved and been close to my grandmother but she became even more valuable to me when I had kids of my own. She had 6 kids, so now I know more than ever that she is way more amazing than I am.

Clare said...

What a beautiful family.

Charlotte said...

Thank you Clare!