Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mother's Day

My mother's day present was last weekend when my husband took me to see Chelsea Handler. This weekend he let me sleep in both Saturday and Sunday morning. It felt so good. And Mike and Bekah both made me very nice mother's day presents at preschool.


I had a very small group here for dinner Sunday night. Auntie M and her husband took off camping so I hosted my mother-in-law, my step-mom and Dad and one of my step-sisters. My mother had pink-eye and couldn't make it.

I cooked an easy but yummy menu of some of my favorite foods:

Sharp white cheddar cheese
sliced bagutte
sliced Fuji apples
(and my step-sis brought some home-made totillas chips and queso)

Grilled Pesto Flat-Iron Steaks
baked potatoes with all of the fixings
green peas with bacon, mushrooms and pearl onions
green salad
biscuits

Strawberry shortcake

Erik took a couple of pictures of me in a sundress and I got one of my kids to pose with me.







Check out my other blog for a less appropriate picture my husband took.

No comments: