Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Positive Parent-Teacher Conference!

This is huge! Ever since Mike boarded the preschool train we have been on a wild ride. This is his 3rd preschool (don't ask), and even though this is the best fit for him, and they totally "get" him, we still have to constantly scheme to get him to stay engaged and behave.

All of that hard work has paid off!! I know this is not the end of the line, but I am so happy to see improvement, and to experience the first positive education experience with Michael! My daughter, Bekah, is so easy-going and loves school and now I can see that it doesn't always have to be a struggle with Michael either!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great news : ) Sometimes it takes awhile to find the best place and/or the best approaches, but every child can (and should be given the opportunity to) learn. I'm so glad your little guy seems to be succeeding. Best of luck for it continuing!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I think boys are just different. I have a son and no daughters but I remember hearing about all the girls and their neat backpacks...and doing their homework...heck, just knowing their homework and I had to wonder about my son...but from all the moms with boys... the same thing.

all thru school. they lost their homework...they didnt know it was due... she didnt tell me we had a test..but i was out that day... it wasnt in the book...

sigh.

i think its partly a boy thing. I mean my son does have some issues but i heard it from moms without boys that had issues...

good luck :)
tracy

Charlotte said...

Thank you Klo for recognizing my efforts. The school he is at now has a very low student to teacher ratio and that small population is what he needed.

I know generally girls are better students but my husband was always a "good boy" behaviorally and academically, so I know they exist. Mike got my genes for sure, so I often consult my brother for advice regarding Michael because they are so much alike. And now my brother is a Navy Seal which is perfect for such an active person.

Barbara said...

Hooray Charlotte, I am glad that Michael has found a spot he can succeed in. Any verdict on whether he will stay there for Kindergarten or do pubic?

Charlotte said...

Still up in the air but leaning towards keeping him in the Kindergarten class where he is now. The teacher went to Chico with Merrill and is a sweetheart, so that doesn't hurt.