Thursday, April 2, 2009

Boo Hoo, my baby is 2!

Jacob William turned two on March 28th. My baby and no more planned so I need to savor it as best I can. Below is a photo montage of his last 2 years.

That's daddy, my husband Erik, delivering Jake. Don't worry, he is a family practice doc so he know what he's doing. I still made my O.B. stand next to him just in case. She is the one with the bulb. No idea who that chick in the background is wringing her hands. Get to work woman, bring me a beer.






Daddy out of scrubs and holding his youngest and newest baby.





8 days later, Jacob's Bris. If you are Jewish you know what this means, if you aren't you don't want to know.




This is why I am shocked that Jake made it to 2 years. He was sooo tiny and Bekah wanted to kill him and Mike wanted to love him to death.







Bekah secretely fantasizing about smacking him around. See how Jake looks up to Michael already?




Anyone who knows how wild and crazy Michael can be is always shocked how sweet and gentle he is with babies. Especially his baby bro.





My husband never met a nap he didn't like. It's hard to stay awake during the day when you have been up nursing all night. Oh, no, wait that's me who does that.


My favorite picture ever! My crazy boys.



Grandpa Lyman. Jake has his chins for sure.








Jake testing out walking.













Naked in the backyard. Lucky boy has daddy's olive skin.









And my fabulous curls.
















Jake was not interested in being a puppy for Halloween. Mike and Bekah were dissappointed because they picked out this costume. It gave him camel toe and made him hot.













Uhm, ok I am guilty, I look thin in this picture and that is the only reason I put it in here.















This is as close as we can get to a family photo.














Come on Jake you can lift it.

















I like to make my sister-in-law take my kids out with her kids. Then I stalk her and say shit like, "Oh my G-d hasn't that woman ever heard of birth control?" "She must be one of those Mormons displaced from that raid in Texas.".













He gave up on puppy and went for Spiderman.








































Jews go to the city for Christmas.













Cheese! That's what he is saying.















Oh sheepy, sheepy. He loves his stuffed sheep more than anything.














Well not more than mommy. And mommy is a pyro.











Yummy, dirty sock.
















Screen doors are too limiting for Jake. He tore a nice hole so he can come and go as he pleases.











I look thinner than usual and Jake blonder. At least I am honest.

















I am so cute it's amazing that I will bite you if you get too close.









Jake put that rain boot on all by himself. It took 10 minutes of screaming but he did it. And he looks fabulous.






















Mommy is getting her $15 worth out of this Spiderman costume.























My sister has decided not to kill me and now plays with me.










Happy Birthday Sweet Boy. You are one of the best 3 things to ever happen to me.











14 comments:

Kelly said...

SO CUTE!!!! Happy Birthday Jake!

Charlotte said...

Thank you, I had fun doing that.

Clare said...

This post qualifies for a "Most enjoyable post" award. Enjoy! You are a great mom

Charlotte said...

Thank you Clare! This blog makes up for not having bought Jake a baby book yet.

drollgirl said...

lucky you -- what a fabulous family. :)

Charlotte said...

I am blessed and I am grateful, even if I complain too much sometimes.

essbesee said...

your kids are beautiful! I've got to find out where you got that spider man outfit. uh, for my sons, not for me.

Charlotte said...

Good ole Target of course. I certainly got my money's worth out of that thing!

Jen said...

Those are spectatcular pictures!!! What a beautiful family you have!

I have to laugh at some of the things your 2 year old is doing, b/c my guy turned 2 in February and I could see him doing all of those same types of things!! I rather like this age... the tantrums haven't been too awful.

Charlotte said...

Jen the terrible 2s are a myth. I hate to frighten you but the 3s are HORRIBLE! A veteran mom told me that once and I thought she was crazy, but she was dead on.

And thank you for saying my family is beautiful, I agree of course.

essbesee said...

thanks for adding me to your roll, I'll add you as well. Just noticed your son and my son were born three days apart. my youngest turned 2 on the 31st. so you must be good peeps.

Charlotte said...

Awww, so they were both born in the Golden Year of the Pig. That means they are going to be fat, smart and wealthy. Some chick who did my nails told me that ,so it must be true.

Nekidduk said...

Aww Char...I LOVED this post. Don't be surprised when I shamelessly copy your idea for Keenan's 3rd. Ok, and do you HAVE to throw that in about the 3s...it's about the 5th time I've heard it in 3 days and I'm starting to get seriously scared.

Charlotte said...

Sorry to scare you even more, but it's true. 3 year olds are like 2 year olds but they are bigger, more violent and can talk back.