Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Numbers 2009

I have 3 kids. My husband and I did not realize when we got married 5 years ago that we were incredibly fertile. So I ended up getting pregnant on my honeymoon, that would be Michael. Then I stopped nursing Michael and got pregnant immediately, that's Bekah. Then I was on the birth control pill and my husband was planning on getting a vasectomy and well that would be Jake.

Michael and Bekah are 17 months apart. Bekah and Jake are only 15 months apart. So every year at springtime my kids' ages are blam, blam, blam. Right after another.

So last year, I was having a long, rainy, stay-at-home-mom kind of day when I got this idea to make numbers, representing their ages, and take pictures. It started off with them holding the numbers, a huge disaster, so I taped them to the wall. Much better. It still took 65 pictures to get this cute one below.
I then sent out an email with some of the pics to friends and family. Wow! I had no idea that the grandparents would send this email across the universe. And now I am committed to doing this project every year at springtime as long as I grace this planet. Below is the best one from this year's batch.

I have included outtakes/bloopers from last year and this year. Look how much toddlers can change in one year, pretty amazing. Jake wasn't even walking yet. And Bekah's hair was so curly.


Just in case you are a new reader to this blog, my son Michael, now 4 years old, has a GIGANTIC personality.







It's impossible for that boy to hold still.






Jake loves that stuffed sheep.








Can you see why taping the number on the wall makes more sense?







We ended up putting Jake in his high chair because he was trying to escape.







I don't know how professional photographers do it.











I have no idea what happened here.













17 comments:

Clare said...

This post makes me so happy. What an amazing momma you are.

Aneta said...

These pictures are adorable. It looks like so much fun, but I am sure they are a handful! All the best!

Charlotte said...

Clare I was so lucky that Erik ended up home early last night and just in time to help me herd them. So there was less than 65 pictures this year. You are an amazing momma too.

Aneta, thank you! I love the way you spell your name that is so unique and feminine.

Laura said...

What a great idea and the pictures really showcase their personality and your creativity. I might have to steal this idea....

Charlotte said...

Steal away. Mothers shouldn't be required to reinvent the wheel, I steal ideas all of the time. Love the monkey story on your blog, that's wild.

Jen said...

I LOVE all of those pictures!!!!
What cute kids you have!!

Charlotte said...

Thank you! My young babysitter always says she hopes her kids are cute like mine. And I have to tell her that she will think her kids are cute no matter what. If my kids had horns I would still think they are cute.

Nekidduk said...

LOL funny. Love the last one...still giggling...

Charlotte said...

Thanks Daph!

Anonymous said...

Great idea and darling pictures! Would it be inappropriate if I said your ass looked great in the picture above?

charlotte said...

It's only appropriate if you put it in all-caps "...ASS LOOKED GREAT..."
Thank you!

Don't Be a Slut said...

What a great idea!

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Charlotte said...

What can I say, your blog has the perfect title.

essbesee said...

may have to steal this idea. mine are a year and a half apart. your kids are sooooooooooooooo cute! love the lamb and the damn pink bunny.

Charlotte said...

So you "feel my pain" Sherri. Their cuteness has saved their hides many a time. Thank you very much.

Meg the Potty Animal said...

Your ass looks really good in the pic of you hanging the #'s - just thought I would tell you, if my ass ever looks good I would want someone to tell me!

Charlotte said...

Ok so Erik took that pic and I was like OMG don't take any pictures of me! Then I saw it and thought, hmmm, my ass doesn't look half bad, so I didn't delete it.

Meg I grabbed your breasts once because they looked so fabulous so you are more than allowed to tell me if my ass looks good. And, uhm sorry about that, I really couldn't help myself.