Sunday, April 5, 2009

Erik's Birthday


Here is a picture of my husband being the awesome daddy that he is and playing with Michael in the park. Erik turned 39 last Thursday.
For dinner that night I put out some salami, olives, bread and fresh mozzarella for starters and then grilled up some chicken for a Caesar salad. We had some champagne and beer too. And some lovin' of course.
We did our real celebration Saturday night by going out to a yummy Italian restaurant in Pleasanton called Baci. We were so stuffed after dinner so we walked around the nice downtown and stopped into Hap's so Erik could have a drink (cranberry-club soda for me the designated driver). While we were there some awesome friends texted us to ask what we were doing. Turns out they got some last minute babysitting and were in Danville at an excellent dive bar called Elliott's. Well hell yeah we will join you!!
By the way, Elliott's is a dive that has been around since 1907, so that link above just takes you to a review, not a website. Dive bars don't have websites.
At Elliott's I stuck with club soda so as to commiserate with my buddy who is preggers. Drinking beer when she can't is not fun at all, even if I wasn't driving. She is an excellent beer buddy. Erik took a couple of shots of Jack but the highlight of my evening was my friend's husband telling me that he reads my blog when he is sitting on the toilet. I felt really bonded to him because I do a lot of posting on my blog when I am sitting on the toilet.
Today is Sunday and we took turns snoozing and caring for the monkeys, then hit the gym. I got an awesome work out as well as hitting the adult pool. No nudity, adult just means no kids allowed, woo hoo! And the water is saline and not chlorine, which is kind of cool. During the summer they serve you drinks poolside so you can pretend you are in Mexico instead of unincorporated Pleasanton.
As the weather warms up I am going to have to start taking the kids swimming too, right now I am just drying my bathingsuit after they go to bed at night. If they knew I was swimming without them they would feel betrayed. But taking all 3 of them swimming by myself is beyond stressful. Way more fun for them than for me!
I forgot to mention that Friday night I had a Girl's Night Out with my new and improved mom's club. The hostess had a friend there selling jewelry and I got a pretty necklace. Then I puked all over my friend's patio, but I won't bore you with that.

4 comments:

drollgirl said...

what a fun weekend! except for the barfing.

Charlotte said...

It was fun, except for the barfing! Ha ha.

Kelly said...

Fun! I love dive bars too! I like to have the "champagne of beers" at dive bars!

Charlotte said...

Kelly you would love this place they have shufflboard too, a true sign of a dive bar.