Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Iraq- My Brother


My brother is back from Iraq! I am so happy. Over everyone, even my husband, he knows me. He knows where I come from. He knows what drives me. If I flinch, raise an eyebrow, sneer, clench my fists, purse my lips, drop my shoulders and hang my head.........he knows what it means. He can make me laugh until I cry, and use the word "Dude" way more than a 38 year old woman should. He says I am meaner than any drill sargent he has ever met and sweeter than most women.


Phew, and he made it back alive. Bill came back late last week but I gave him space to hang out with his woman before I called and demanded his attention.
So I talked to him tonight and asked how he was. Fine. How was Iraq?, " Well you know some of the citizens were dumb as a box of rocks but they were just doing their own thing. So you know, different strokes for different folks. ". Cool. Then Bill said, "But you know there were others and you need to keep this to yourself.".


Sigh...........ok fine. The really cool stories will stay with me, close to the chest.


The only stories I have to share, are something that everyone can agree on:


1) If your fingerprints are on a bomb, that if blown up will hurt people of all color, creed and gender, then you deserve to have the shit beaten out of you.


2) If you use an infant to try to deflect bullets from you, then after this infant is gently extricated from your hands, you deserve to have the shit beaten out of you.



Do you dare disagree with that?

13 comments:

Clare said...

yes, this is me still up at midnight. Too much tea before bedtime. I am so happy that Bill is back safe and sound.

sexypoet said...

i am so glad your brother is home safe and sound.. it is really hard being on this side of the pond, waiting and wondering if they will make it back in one piece. my husband is slated to return in Aug. This is his 4th deployment over there and it never gets any easier.. tell your brother thank you and god bless him from an army wife.
keri

Kellie said...

Glad he is home and safe again! And I wouldn't dare disagree w/ those 2 statements! Amen! :)

Charlotte said...

Clare, Kellie, Keri thank you for your well wishes.

Keri I just started following your blog so I didn't realize that you are an army wife. My bro is a Navy Seal and they want to send him to Afghanistan next. Sigh. As long as we aren't sending anyone to N. Korea.

sexypoet said...

Yep since the pullout has already begun in Iraq, the next deployment for Keith will be Afghanistan as well.
Don't worry about N. Korea.. We can't go in there. S. Korea is another story though but, very nice place to go so needant worry. =)

Kelly said...

Glad your brother is home! Is it wrong for me to say he's hot? I'm married, so it's just an observation... :)

Charlotte said...

Well Keri Afghanistan makes more sense than Iraq anyways. I won't worry about Korea then, the idiots.

Kelly, I hear it all of the time. So funny because he used to be snot-nosed, freckle-faced and buck-toothed and I could kick his ass. His wife is beautiful too.

drollgirl said...

i am glad he is home and he is safe. i hope he is doing ok. it is brutal over there. well, any war scene is just awful, and i hope he will be fine mentally and physically.

Charlotte said...

Bill sounds the same over the phone. We will see. He is the type of person who enjoys shit like that and knows exactly what he is getting into.

I am not blase (put a thing over that e), we had a step-father who was a Marine in Vietnam. I know what you mean when you say fine mentally.

Jen said...

Hahah Kelly... I was gonna say the same thing.. He's a hottie!
Glad to hear he's home safely. Much respect for all of the servicemen/women.

Charlotte said...

Thanks Kelly! Now I just need to get him up here to see his niece and nephew before he is shipped to Afghanistan.

Nekidduk said...

SOOOO happy to hear he's back. He sounds like a lifer if he's gearing up for Afghanistan already. Enjoy you're time with him...we're welcoming home Matt on Wednesday. And the others are right...your bro's a hottie...

Charlotte said...

Yay Matt!!! In my mind's eye he is still a little boy.

I have always been jealous of my brother's endless energy and motivation to stay fit. I am a slug and have to threaten and bribe myself to get to the gym. That's probably why I am not a Navy Seal. Bill says I am meaner than some drill sargents though.