Sunday, April 12, 2009

Captain Rescued from Pirates

Ever since I wrote the post last week about shy pirates I have been kind of nervous. I didn't realize the Captain of the ship was going to let the pirates take him as ransom! I didn't want people to think I was an asshole for making light of a hostage situation. But now thankfully some studly Navy Seals came and shot up three of the pirates and freed the Captain. Phew.




And of course since everything is all about me, I started thinking about my brother and how proud of him that he is a Navy Seal. Even though he had absolutely nothing to do with this rescue mission, and was probably surfing all weekend in San Diego. I am just super excited because Bill, and his wife Ari, are going to come visit in about a week and I can't stop thinking about him.





My brother Bill just got back from Iraq less than 2 weeks ago, but he did a stint as a Navy Seal Instructor awhile back. The book pictured below is about the training process it takes to make a Navy Seal. I could go upstairs and scan pictures of my brother from this book but that would entail dragging my ass off my couch, walking upstairs, turning on my upstairs computer, turning on the scanner, getting the book off the bookshelf..................I am entirely too lazy to do that.














I think this image below is from this book but I can't remember. That dude standing in the surf is a Seal instructor, but he's not my brother. My brother left a shirt like that guy is wearing at my house and now I wear it as a pajama top. My brother is always leaving stuff here when he visits, and for somebody who is in special ops., that doesn't seem to be a very stealth thing to do.











I actually googled my brother looking for images of just him. I know he has done a couple of commercials for the Navy because my husband and I actually saw one while watching t.v. Erik paused the commercial and said, "Holy shit that's Bill!". And it was! My brother just kind of forgot to tell us he had filmed a couple of commercials. Today I couldn't find those ads but I did find two articles quoting my brother. The first article was about a Surf Competition that benefits a charity for the widows of special operations servicemembers. Another article was about the San Diego Chargers visiting the Buds training facilities (that's what they call Seals before they graduate). My bro is a huge football fan so I am not at all surprised he was present, and quoted, when the Chargers came to visit.

For all my lady friends who think my brother is hot, I promise to take lots of pictures of him when he visits.

8 comments:

noone said...

Being in the navy AND doing commercials that's exciting! Hope you guys have a great time hanging out and catching up :)

Charlotte said...

Oh yes he is always into something! I can't wait to see him!

Kelly said...

Who hoo! Pictures of your brother!!! Anyway, sounds like he's quite accomplished, besides being hot!

MY favorite place on earth is SD...

Kellie said...

Now I can't wait to see these pictures of your brother. :)

Charlotte said...

LOL..........hmmmm maybe I should just do a post of pics of my brother. My blog would get a million hits.

Charlotte said...

Oh and Kelly my husband went to UCSD and he always says that San Diego is G-d's country.

Mickie said...

That's awesome that he was on the commercial and Erik spotted him. I know how much you're looking forward to seeing him. I'm excited for you.

Charlotte said...

Pretty amazing actually because Bill was in camo face paint and Erik totally recognized him! They colorized his eyes too to make them more blue than they are so they stood out from the face paint. I gotta find that video.

Thanks Mickie, I know I am borderline obsessing about his visit. We used to fight like crazy when we were younger now we are best buds.