Saturday, April 25, 2009

California Academy of Sciences

While my brother Bill was visiting last week we took a field trip the California Academy of Sciences.

We had a blast but we didn't see the whole museum because it's sooo big and there is no way my kids' would have lasted. But it was ok because kids aged 6 and under are free. This is Jake running around the living roof with a Fig Newton.



Here is a better picture of the living roof.

Here is a not very flattering picture of my Dad and Step-mom, it was windy up there.

San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities in the world even if it's foggy all of the time.



Pretty blue butterfly. There is a rainforest section that gives you really frizzy hair.



Giant brown and yellow butterfly. Bekah talked to all of the butterflies she encountered.





Underneath the aquarium.







Rare White Alligator, this is what my nightmares are made of, especially if he hisses.




Thanks mom we love field trips!











See what the rainforest did to Bekah's hair?









Jake passed out almost before we left the parking garage, he was exhausted.












8 comments:

drollgirl said...

oh, i saw a special on tv when they were trying to build this place. it looks amazing!!! i hope to visit it someday with nieces and nephews that live up in nor cal.

it looks like you all had a blast, and isn't it a bonus when the kids are exhausted after it is all over? hahahha.

and love the photographs. that white alligator is mighty disturbing, but quite a beast to behold!!!

Clare said...

what a great field trip. I love SF if someone else drives. I do believe we saw that white critter when he was there at the old Academy. I have not been yet. I hear that it is free every 3rd Wed so I am just waiting for the right day to play hookey.

Unknown said...

Love your blog. When people say I have my hands full, I respond "you should see my heart!"

Charlotte said...

Michelle that is really sweet.

Yes that alligator has been around for awhile and now he has new digs. His pond is cool because it has huge tortoises in there with him. I guess tortoises are too much work for him to eat.

Drollgirl we are definitely going there again because we couldn't even finish seeing everything.

CandiceR said...

Thanks for commenting on my post. Your little guy sounds a lot like my daughter.

Charlotte said...

I wish I had found your blog sooner.

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

I love your underneath the aquarium photo! It's breathtaking! Can't wait to see that museum someday. It looks so cool.

Charlotte said...

Jamie my son MIchael was dissappointed because he really thought we were going to be underwater. He cracks me up.