Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy Weekend!

Last weekend was insanely busy but fun! Friday night Erik took Mike and Bekah to Mtn. Mike's Pizza for a Haley birthday party, while I stayed home with Jake. Jake tends to run into the kitchen at Mtn. Mike's so it's better for him to stay with mommy. Besides he has a snotty nose and a random rash on his belly.

Neither one of those issues are slowing Jake down at all but obviously I can't take him to the gym like that. So Saturday morning Erik takes Mike and Bekah to the gym and then to Chuck E. Cheese for another birthday party. I got Jake to take a giant nap and I did a ton of cleaning and laundry. When they all get home we load up and go to Chris and Merrill's new house for their housewarming party. Great party and the kids are having a blast. Jake did manage to take the ball out of the dog's mouth and then stuck it into some spinach dip and then licked the spinach dip off the ball. So gross! I tossed the dip in the trash and apologized profusely to the women sitting on the couch witnessing it.

We left Mike there and took an exhausted Bekah and Jake home. Erik went back and picked Mike up later and he didn't get to bed until almost 10p! He had so much fun though and was not whiny or anything.

The next day me and Jake stayed home again while everyone else went to the gym and I finished cleaning and started cooking. It was Nana Jan's 60th birthday party! We went for a kitty cat theme and put some diamond earrings into the ears of a stuffed cat toy. Very cute and she was happy. We also had a yummy cat cake and with having to skip the gym lately I am going to get fat again!

So today Erik and I were both exhausted but we had a fun weekend. The kids are hungover too.

No comments: