Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sick Sunday

I totally feel like crap today. I have a headache, sinus pain, runny nose, sore throat, nausea and some bowel issues I really don't want to talk about. Moms are not supposed to get sick.

My husband was awesome and let me sleep in until 9:20a! That's like 3p before having kids. Then I let him go back to bed so he can sleep in a little. Usually on Sundays I am on the fast track to get to the gym but I just barely got the kids dressed, changed a couple of diapers, started a load of laundry and ran the dishwasher. That's nothing compared to my usual workload. It's now 11a and it doesn't look like Erik is getting up anytime soon but I am too nauseous to feed them lunch, I could barely feed them snack.

They know something is up and they are extra cuddly. I was trying to change Jake's poopy diaper and both Mike and Bekah wanted to sit on my lap. Kind of challenging to reach around them and wipe Jake's butt.

Yesterday we went to my Dad's in Sacramento for our Thanksgiving feast. There was no traffic and Jake and Bekah both napped on the way up. Mike stayed wide awake and asked every 5 minutes where we were, or are we there. And then he would say this is taking forever.

Once we got there he was thrilled to play with all his cousins. Jake brought his giant stuffed sheep named Sheepy-Sheepy with him. He then proceeded to hump it. Not a big deal but there was some new significant others there for the first time, Welome to the family. My step-sis-in-law, who has worked as a preschool teacher forever, said "Wow every year we have at least one girl who humps a stuffed animal at naptime but I have never seen a boy do it.". Jake is my special little boy.

My dad beat me at Scrabble and Mike ate nothing but pie and bread. The ride home was peaceful with Mike falling asleep in mid-sentence and we successfully transferred them to bed without waking them. That's when my stomach started to hurt and I have been hating it ever since.

I have to pull it together by tommorrow because there is multiple Thanksgiving parties at preschool, Mike is spending the night at Merrill's, my mom is spending the night here on Wed. and Thanksgiving proper is going to be at Merrill's house and I am in charge of the stuffing.

Send positive healing energies towards me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Positive healing energies being sent your way. Sorry to hear you are feeling so barfy, hope it gets better.

Charlotte said...

Thank you! Whoever you are!